Resources: Effective Governance
- Governor Dialogues
- This series of interviews, conducted with chairs of governing bodies from a range of institutions, talk about effective governance in this ever changing environment and about how to make sure a board is ‘fit for purpose’.
- Governing bodies of higher education institutions are expected to regularly review their effectiveness and more resources and information can be found here.
- HEFCE website
- Key performance indicators to aid effective governance in higher education
- Financial Times: Better Boards
- Think-tank searches for good governance: debates held by Board Intelligence on the theme ‘The Board is Dead; Long Live the Board’ with contributions from executives, non-executives, headhunters and others.
- Governance Reviews
- In-house consultancy service offered by the Leadership Foundation to help with effectiveness reviews.
- Managing Good Governance in Higher Education
- A publication by Michael Shattock looking at good governance and best practice in higher education
- Financial reporting council: guidance on board effectiveness (March 2011)
- This guidance relates primarily to Sections A and B of the UK Corporate Governance Code on the leadership and effectiveness of the board.
Keep up to date with new resources by subscribing to updates.