Resources: Committee Contribution
- Committee Structure
- Higher education institutions have tended to grow in scale and complexity, as have the demands on the work of governing bodies. With many governing bodies meeting no more than four times a year, specific areas of work are often devolved to 'board committees' to assess and report back their findings and recommendations to the full board.
- Handbook for Members of Audit Committees in Higher Education Institutions
- This guide is aimed at members of audit committees of higher education institutions in the UK. It shares current good practice and encourages its appropriate adoption across the higher education sector. The advice was prepared in January 2008.
- Guide for finance committee members in further and higher education
- This publication provides practical guidance for finance committee members. It explains their roles and responsibilities, with an emphasis on questions to ask to assess the committee’s effectiveness.
Keep up to date with new resources by subscribing to updates.